I just pushed up serde 0.3.1 to crates.io, which is now compatible with beta! serde_macros 0.3.1, however still requires nightly. But this means that if you implement the all the traits using stable features, then any users of serde should work with rust 1.0.
Here’s what’s also new in serde v0.3.1:
- Renamed the attribute that changes the name a field is serialized
- Added implementations for
VariantVisitorto hint to the deserializer which variant kind it is expecting. This allows serializers to serialize a unit variant as a string.
- Added an
- Progress on the documentation, but there’s still plenty more to go.
Upstream of serde, I’ve been also doing some work on aster and quasi, which are my helper libraries to simplify writing syntax extensions.
- Added builders for qualified paths, slices,
- Extended item builders to support
usesimple paths, globs, and lists.
- Added a helper for building the
- Backported support for
- Added support for unquoting arbitrary slices.
Thanks for everyone’s help with this release!